Now, more than ever, people are expressing a desire to connect with the wild. There are myriad ways to fulfil this need and walking is naturally the time-honoured way to experience nature, exercise the body and ease the mind. Often a beautiful scene, towering tree, flowing water or tiny creature will give us pause on the walk ... but on we push as the destination beckons ...
This weekend is about truly lingering in those moments and responding with pencil on paper.
Glynn Kelly will be your creative guide over the weekend. No experience is necessary - you are welcome even if you have never drawn a thing! Equally you are welcome if you simply want a weekend away to focus on your art practice and learn a few tips, as well as perhaps share some. There will be six art sessions across the weekend, each with a different focus.
About Glynn: training in watercolour painting as part of the Bsic Architecture course at UNSW, lead to a lifetime of sketching and painting and to teaching art at high school level. Glynn has a particular love of Plien Air painting which combines his passion for the Australian landscape and art. To see some of his Plien Air work check Glynn's Instagram account @glynn7115
And as a very special treat, Bev Ruskey (of Spring Creek Mountain Cafe fame) will be on hand to keep us well and truly deliciously fed!
- Price: $445 pp (Deposit of $100 is required upon booking).
- No art or bushwalking experience necessary.
- Six art lessons - all art materials provided.
- Location: Spring Creek Mountain, The Head Qld
- Accommodation: Shared bunk house. Hot showers.
- Personal tents welcome if you prefer your own space. Plenty of space for tents/camper.
- All meals and snacks provided from morning tea on Saturday to lunch on Sunday.
- Participants to take own transport for the weekend.
- Easy short walks.
- Small group: maximum of 12 participants + guide/s. Minimum 6 participants.
- Led by experienced and qualified bushwalking eco-guide.
- Natural history interpretation.
- Great creative fun with like minded people!